FIVE15 Arts Gallery is now accepting applications for membership for the 2017-2019 season, which begins Nov 2017 and ends April 2019.
ABOUT Five15 Arts Gallery
Five15 Arts is a collective, artist-run, contemporary art space committed to providing support and an exhibition venue for serious, professionally-minded artists located in the metropolitan Phoenix area. Five15 is a well-respected venue showing creative and original art and has been featured in numerous magazines and newspapers, locally and nationally. We are currently a 10-artist collective contracted to an 18-month commitment. Each artist will have the gallery for a solo show for one month each season and enjoy participation in 4 group shows (November 2017, and March for Art Detour 2017 and 2018 and Five15 to the Fifth, July and August 2018). Regular hours are First and Third Fridays from 6-10 pm and every Saturday from 1-5 pm.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for artists who work in any medium. Member artists are required to pay monthly dues, attend meetings once per month, and manage the gallery during the member’s one month-long exhibition per Five15 gallery season, including operating the space during regular gallery hours. Members must contribute to the collective through marketing, installation, sitting gallery hours, website management, serving as officers or helping with general gallery maintenance and improvements. Potential applicants need to have a strong interest in becoming contributing members to our arts collective. Membership requires a strong commitment to the group beyond holding a solo exhibition.
Benefits of membership include one month-long exhibition, four group shows, association with a professional art space and growing arts district, Artlink’s First Friday, Art Detour and Grand Avenue audience, listing on the Five15 website and access to mailing and media contacts.
Email applications or hand-deliver applications on CD. Applications must include:
1. A one-page cover letter indicating your interest in Five15 and what you can contribute.
2. Eight to Ten images of work made over the last 3 years. The images are to be submitted in the form of jpegs. These jpegs should be a maximum of 800dpi on the longest side with a resolution of 300 dpi. They should be labeled with a number corresponding to the image list (for single digit numbers place a zero before the number) and last name—for example, 01maxwell.jpg.
3. A separate image list submitted as a document (.doc) should be sent with the image files or included on the CD. The list should be labeled with the artist's name and contact info on the top and include the following:
4. An artist statement (12 pt. type) of no more than 1 page submitted as a separate document with other materials.
5. List of three references - Name, phone number and email of at least two professionals (employer, teacher, mentor) and one personal. These would also be submitted as a separate document.
6. A CV/Resume with exhibitions and related activities (separate document).
All digital documents must be in .doc or PDF format.
DEADLINE: Saturday, October 14, 2017
Submit digital applications (all documents and jpgs) via email to:
The application can be hand-delivered to:
Five15 Arts Gallery, c/o Phoenix Center for the Arts, 1202 N 3rd Street, Phoenix, 85004 during regular hours.
For more information email us at email@example.com.
All applicants will be contacted by October 21st. Those selected for membership will be invited to participate in our November exhibition of works under $200.